View Single Post
Old 11-25-10, 04:57 AM   #6
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot_76 View Post
I'm still a bit confused. I think the cfg files are loading instructions as to which .mis files to load on SM and SPatrols or campaigns but I think I could merge the .mis to have everything in one .mis

What I want to do is to have the choice of leaving port to either Pacific OR Atlantic but having random/normal traffic from both SH4 and UBM. I did this because I wanted to test something and in 1943 on a Single Mission I created (default traffic only) I went all the way from Pearl Harbor to Europe (Kiel) and didn't spot anything. Europe traffic lanes were deserted as if there was no war at all there

I just want to have a World-wide traffic in a single patrol so if I go to the Atlantic I'll get Uboats/German convoys to deal with and then go to Japan and engage Jap convoys all in one shot.
I don't think the stock game has any Atlantic traffic.

And in the Pacific you would be in a US sub attacking Japanese ships since that is the original game.
If you use the Uboat add on, you would be in a Uboat engaging Allied ships in the Indian Ocean.
If you combine all files into one, that would be one gigantic file. And you would be sinking US ships one day and Japanese ships the next.

Also if you merged the files to create one, you have to make sure you merge them as saveable.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote