View Single Post
Old 05-09-17, 09:41 PM   #10
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19

Hmmm.

1.4: Rendering distance increased to 20km, with appropriate improvement for visual sensors capabilities

1.5:

10. Maximum render distance increased to 20 km

So they increased it from 20km to 20km?

Looking over that list there's not much there. I have one 1.5 folder with nothing but the opmunson mod, played around with a type VII career a few times, no crashes in that. Beginning to suspect the reason I'm having all these crashes and nobody else is, is because I'm the only one who ever plays Asiatic careers. Either that or I'm the only one still running XP and 1.5 was made for Vista. Again, the biggest head scratcher - is it worth bothering with it? Today I'm starting a new Asiatic career in 1.4, same sub same ships same missions no crashes. One difference I did note - 1.5 has Y-gun projectors throwing depth charges out to the sides on IJN destroyers, don't see that in 1.4. It's a cool feature which increases the evasion challenge, but that alone isn't enough to fiddle around for months chasing bugs. One of the 1.5 folders has nothing in it except Webster's latest 1.5 GFO mod, even that one crashes frequently for me.
Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote