View Single Post
Old 04-04-12, 11:41 AM   #1542
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
I just want to say... bookshelves are a PITA to create.
This must be why so many player-home mods add a bunch of them and then they NEVER seem to work right. Always a disappointment, I remember getting the Dovahkiin Hideout mod and looking wide-eyed at all the shelves and then realizing that 2/3rds of them didn't really function as bookshelves unless you wanted to drop your books and then pick them up and manually put them there.

Quote:
I've been working on my own version of a "basement" in whiterun, only with a slightly different twist then the standard (and even epic) housing mods. I think you guys will like it, though i somehow doubt anyone here will even look at it unless i shove it up on the nexus.

Not done yet, but i've been working on it with the same zeal i used to put toward TMO for Sh4.
If it's something that can be set up to work with JSGME, I wouldn't mind giving it a look depending on what it adds. I found a nice little mod for Breezehome that really improved the stock interior but it didn't really add much in the way of extras except an enchanting table, and it didn't do a very good job of that. And one bookshelf in the loft which I promptly disabled/deleted because the positioning was so awkward and I wanted mannequins there and this character never collected books anyway.

My big complaints with Breezehome are the firepit in the center of the room right in front of the only entrance, the last step up to the second floor that it's impossible NOT to trip over, and the lack of an enchanting table. More working bookshelves and weapons/armor storage space would be nice but obviously that requires some kind of add-on to the stock interior and I still haven't found one I really like, much less one that also fixes the other stuff mentioned above. Oh and one that keeps Lydia the hell out of my bedroom until she either dies or I can leave her in Skyhaven Temple to rot with the rest of what's left of the Blades. Altho one of my follower mods might fix the Lydia issue, I can't be sure. She died so soon this time around I never really had a chance to find out.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote