Thread: Which sim?
View Single Post
Old 05-27-13, 05:23 AM   #4
BilboSmeggins
Sailor man

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Thanks both for the heads-up. I shall patch CoD later and see what goodies it brings. I did kind of think that War Thunder would be online shenanigans, so I shall rule that out. Looking forward to re-trying RoF as I believe it has gone through a few updates since I last fired it up. And it was pretty good back then . It's only a matter of time before I take the plunge and bag the Mustang as I've heard nothing but amazing things about it. Will I be able to blow the dust off my old Sidewinder FFB stick or do I need to invest again?

As regards Falcon 4, I've actually got the boxed retail version upstairs with the giant manual etc. I had heard that it had been heavily updated and was now a joy to behold. Thing is I'm not all that fussed about learning a highly complex jet sim. I remember it being a huge learning curve back in it's day. I'm quite a bit older now and my capacity for learning/patience has depreciated accordingly . I may try to get it working/patched though just for the sake of curiosity .

Skybird........... Good to find you still stalking these forums . You still flying Condor? I so loved the flight-modelling in that sim. Don't think I found anything else that came close. Just a shame that it aged like it did. Haven't visited their forum for a long time. Last I checked people were getting fed up waiting for Condor 2 to materialise. Might have to blow the dust off the old girl and have another ridge-soaring session
BilboSmeggins is offline   Reply With Quote