View Single Post
Old 05-27-13, 03:24 AM   #1
BilboSmeggins
Sailor man

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default Which sim?

Hi all

I've been away from pc's and simming for far too long now. Went down the Apple Mac route but have now come out the other side . Anyhow, I've just recently bought a pretty capable lappy (i7 based, 8gb, and a 1gb Radeon card). I've got it hooked up to my projector for wall-sized fun . It's able to run DCS and CoD pretty well as I had a bit of a mess-around yesterday.

Anyhow, thing is, I'm completely out of touch with what's good and what's not. I don't have too much time on my hands, so want to put the effort into whatever is gonna give me the best overall experience. I am drawn to DCS's Warthog, but, if I'm totally honest with myself, probably don't have the time to learn how to fly the thing. Same for Black Shark 2. Have considered the Mustang, but it just seems a bit "out of sorts" with the world it's been dropped into.

I do tend to prefer the slower, seat of the pants, type flying. I love WW1/WW2 combat. As above, I've downloaded CoD, and I've already got Rise of Flight (sort of, I've found the case but the disks gone awol. Assume I can just download off the site and activate with my code?).

My internet connection is lousy, so it cannot really be trusted to allow online combat, so I'm really after a pretty good single-player experience. My shortlist seems to be:

Rise of Flight - If I can just download it and reactivate?

Cliffs of Dover - I've got the up to date version off steam yesterday. Does it need much 3rd party patching to bring it up to spec?

DCS's Mustang - Does it sit as oddly as it appears?

Flaming Cliffs 3 - Thinking it might give big rewards without the need for a degree in aeronautics.

War Thunder - Looks terrific. Is it online only? (I have the console version, Birds of Steel, and it is very good)

Any other sim I've overlooked - Please feel free to pipe up.

There, I think that's enough to be going on with . Thanks in advance
BilboSmeggins is offline   Reply With Quote