View Single Post
Old 01-16-10, 07:54 AM   #2
=FI=Ghost
Gunner

Downloads: 93
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleun Cook View Post
I'm not too good at using OLC's GUI for manual targeting yet. But I want to stick to it to get rid of the point-click-hit laser like accuracy of automatic targeting.

One specific problem I have is the low zoom level. It seems the boat has to be pretty near to the target to get accurate measurements of the speed, distance and aob.

My question is: At which distance do you guys take these measurements?

And: Do you stick to the speed reported in a convoy contact message or do you take a measurement yourself to make it more accurate?
I use high zoom for measurements until the target is too big (too close) to fit into measurement lines, then I switch to low zoom. If I am submerged, I usually wait until I can make accurate measures (at least 2km from the target).

I calculate it's speed using 3:15 method while he is still far away to spot me, and if I am not positive on it I use the "count the seconds which takes the target to cross your vertical periscope line" method to confirm it's speed.

=FI=Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote