View Single Post
Old 02-28-21, 09:37 AM   #5
Dowasnas
Swabbie

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Default So close, yet so far...

Note to self: It really is needed to follow step 06 or else one can't unpause the game. with gwx, at least it seems so.

I wasn't able to test vanilla for some reason, because the game wouldn't let me unpause it. I got this picture of my crewmen joyfully holding hands, though.

(I did it by pressing backspace a couple of times)

Will try now with GWX.

Note: Just because it's Linux, and you are a Windows user, doesn't mean you can't make suggestions. What doesn't work on Windows also often doesn't work on Linux.

Edit: GWX without any mods installed and without making commander aware of the SH3 install location works. I was able to enter the career without crashing, Will have to try with mods now.

Edit2: GWX with mods and without Commander aware of the installation works. Seems like Commander may be the issue. Will reset most of the Commander settings, to see if they were the issue.

Edit3: Resetting Commander settings to default still crashes the game. I have no idea what to do now. The features Commander offers seem very appealing.

Edit4: Success! I disabled all the other mods to see if it is a conflict between Commander and them, and it worked. Some of them sounded too heavy for my PC anyway. Will now enable the ones I think are the best and hope one of them wasn't the one that didn't like being used with commander.

Edit5: Ok, it runs now with this mod list:
Code:
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - Merged Campaign
Moon_light_mod
GWX - Axis Mediterranean Aircraft Skins
Radio Deutschland
Radio England
Optional O2-Gauges v2 (for V16B1)
S3H-H.sie-Patch-V16B1
TKSS18 Germa U-boat collection crashes the game in the same manner that it crashed when I had forgotten to set msvcr71 to native loading. What exactly does this mod do? Add new subs?

Anyways, it works now! Thank you all for the help you have given!

Last edited by Dowasnas; 02-28-21 at 01:25 PM.
Dowasnas is offline   Reply With Quote