Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 06-05-16, 04:34 PM   #96
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Does everyone agree that we have jackrabbits in standard FOTRS? Now if we choose to mess with ship horsepower to limit dragster powers, Webster says that will also mess with sonar because the game links sound volume with engine horsepower. We would have to boost volume of enemy ships by the same ratio that we reduce the sound with a horsepower reduction.

Sounda a bit tricky. Anybody checked out Jrex's fix to see if he has the same issue?

Cdsubron7, right now I want to test FOTRS 1.3 with FOTRS modules for sinking (already there as zones) and sounds. We need to import the merchies from FOTRS 2.0 too because we don't have to script them. They just should work when we introduce them. Warships, like the Akagi and Kaga, for instance, will need scripting. It's possible that the mission scripts from 2.0 could be more easily modified for SH4 1.5 than rewriting the 1.3 mission scripts. Who's going to volunteer for that? I'm thinking it's perfect fitzcarraldo territory because he's alread added ships to his FOTRS, both scripted warships and unscripted merchies.

Fitzcarraldo, are you up to it? FOTRS 2.0 ships only into our 1.3 with 2.0 zones and sounds.

I want to freeze the core mod as a pure AOTD_MadMax mod, or as close as we can possibly make it without leaving any glaring stupid stuff hanging out. Then we freeze the core mod and work on plugins!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote