View Single Post
Old 07-12-08, 02:41 AM   #24
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

To address miscellaneous points raised:

Quote:
Do limitations on minimum torpedo launching depth and lack of contact fuse are still present in NYGM 3.0?
Limitations of launch depth: Yes.
Lack of contact fuse: I presume you mean 'will the torpedo explode on contact?' The answer is yes (unless the torpedo is a dud), even though only magnetic contact can be selected. NYGM uses this combination to try to mimic the unreliability of early-war torpedoes.

Quote:
I am assuming the latest NYGM is not compatable with the latest GWX, and I am assuming that those of us who are coming at NYGM3.0 for the first imte need to update first with NYGM2.5FULON, then update to 3.0 and that we shoud remove any GWX mods can you confirm?
1. I doubt if any super-mod is compatible with any other, since the campaign files usually involve different ships and roster entries.
Specifically, NYGM (any version) is not compatible with GWX (any version).
2. No need to remove any GWX files, though. Just create a separate installation of SilentHunterIII, with a different folder name. This has been described many times before. Easiest is to use a new drive partition, if your hard drive is partitioned into several drives (C:, D:, E: etc). Then install NYGM on top of your new version of SH3.
As you have said, and others have confirmed, new users need to install only NYGM 2.5FULON, then patch with NYGM3.0 (lastly add the IABL ships download).

Quote:
Will OLCE2 work with the latest NYGM?
Haven't tried it, sorry, but Wilcke has suggested (below) you try OLC 1.2.6. Thanks Wilcke.

Finally, many thanks to all who have congratulated us on our new release.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote