Old 08-18-17, 08:52 AM   #7
PacificWolf
Ensign

Downloads: 237
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
The year is 1987.
7 Young Octobrists have been murdered in a terrorist attack at the Kremlin.
Evidence points to a West German national.
The Soviet Union is very angry...

And so it begins!
Germany gets invaded. Iceland falls.

You, as a sub commander, have 1 primary mission: rid the map of Soviet naval contacts.
Sink as much as you can, and return to base if you need more torps. Tonnage is almost all that matters.

Almost? Yes. Almost, because if you have enough tonnage, then you have to launch a SEAL team. This SEAL team will discover key targets to take down Soviet leadership and initiate a coup.
So once the Soviet Navy is sufficiently incapacitated and you have inserted the SEALs, you have to strike the final blow and take down the Politburo itself.
Then the Soviet Union might even pull out of the war.
________

I made the above mod by taking the 1984 and eliminating all missions except the Seal insertion mission. This is a mission that lasts 150 days. I also increased the tonnage scoring.
So you have to sink quite a few ships and once you have enough, you can insert the SEALs. If you have the right amount of victory points then, you can do the final mission: a Land Strike.

In the mean time you will encounter subs, surface groups, replenishment groups, SSBNs etc.

You have to sink a lot to win, but you will not get missions along the way. Just sink ships.

And yes the story line and images are edited to reflect the RSR story.

[once I am allowed to upload, it will appear in the download list ]
Thats like the best idea for mission ever!

"All ships can dive, only submarines can surface"
PacificWolf is offline   Reply With Quote