View Single Post
Old 02-24-14, 04:41 AM   #48
TheGeoff
Planesman

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Hi Tango, thanks for the feedback. I definitely like the idea of an auto navigation system, since at the moment I think manually navigating long distances is probably the least interesting part of the game. I'll figure out a nice way to partially automate it and include it in a future version - I doubt it'll make the next release but I'll be adding it soon.

When an accident occurs aboard the sub, I want the player to feel the tension. It's tricky to find a balance between giving the player way too much information and not giving enough - but I agree, the current system is pretty unhelpful (not to mention unrealistic). In a future update I'll probably either expand the current system with more detailed warning messages or add a "Maintenance Control Panel" or similar which tells you at a glance where potential problems are.

When dealing with fires and radiation it's important to be prepared - it's often best to equip some of the more skillful crew with fire extinguishers, gas masks, chemical suits etc at the start of the game so when something goes wrong they're ready to deal with the problem immediately. Equipment and crew experience makes a big difference in this game. Another decent way to extinguish a fire without risking any crew is to evacuate the room, seal the doors, close the vents and wait till the fire dies from lack of oxygen. I've read that British submarines have some kind of foam-based fire suppression system, I might add something like that soon too.

Purging the ventilation system is meant to allow you to remove radiation and replenish oxygen throughout the sub while you're on the surface. It's way too slow at the moment but I've tweaked it a bit so it'll be a whole lot more effective in the next version.

It's encouraging to see so many people interested in the game! This version already has twice as many downloads as every other version put together
TheGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote