View Single Post
Old 08-19-09, 08:18 PM   #4
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
After putting the planes in place where I wanted them, I linked them to the task force. Well, I see one problem already with linking the planes to the task force was reducing their airspeed down to the speed of the task force. How does one set the planes up as Combat Air Control around a Task Force?
I don't think you can without guessing and having them fly in circles, advancing the circles along the route you are taking. And planes don't attack planes anyway so they don't really do any good. About all you can do is put a carrier in the task force and that will send out planes, so if another task force is approaching, at least your planes will be attacking them. Hopefully they will attack the enemy carriers.

I tried testing several times about a year ago and had fighters fly each other almost wing tip to wing tip and they would not engage.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote