View Single Post
Old 10-01-16, 02:31 PM   #10
Captain Coward
Watch

Downloads: 49
Uploads: 0

Thanks (again) for the insight and advice Sailor Steve. Vince82: Yes, I do recall this happening before earlier in the war. Luckily back then the aircraft were bad shots so I survived.

So here is what I've done:
Revived my boat, captain & crew back from the dead. I guess this is "cheating" but my justification is I'm blaming my early death to a game glitch.
Started my 20th mission from Brest and gave all promotions and medals to all of the crew on look out duty.
Installed SH3 Commander, read the manual and made some changes (not too many): 1) Hull Integrity % on "show" 2) Use Fatigue Model "No fatigue" 3) When enemy ship or plane detected set to "1"

My new patrol area is now BE99 rather than AM11. I think I've been sent here before and I'm feeling brave (or stupid) enough this time to enter the Strait of Gilbralter.

I also thought about changing to another flotilla in order to take part in Drumbeat along the US coast but the thoughts of traveling many, many miles put me off. Perhaps I should rethink this decision for the next patrol.

As far as aircraft swooping out of nowhere to kill me (again), I did find this thread on how to change the Airstrike.cfg file to decrease the number of them. I'm wondering if this is a workable solution to the amount of the planes the allied have in the sky:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/15210/...1813542407977/

I hope I don't get in trouble with the mods here for posting this from another site, I don't want to rock the boat (pun intended). My apologies if this is prohibited.

Anyway, if you have time let me know about the gfg changes and the length of time needed to get to the US.

Thanks in advance for the assistance. I'll keep you updated.

Captain Coward
Captain Coward is offline   Reply With Quote