View Single Post
Old 09-30-16, 01:27 PM   #7
Captain Coward
Watch

Downloads: 49
Uploads: 0

Thanks again for the info, especially to Sailor Steve. It sounds like I should've been using SH3 Commander from the start. I'll replay my 20th mission using it this time around (rather then starting a new career) and see how far I get. If/when I get sunk again (or make it to the end of the war, highly unlikely as I'm an idiot) I'll think again about SH2.

I don't think I'll try any further mods yet as quite honestly I'm overwhelmed by what is available. I do have to applaud and congratulate all those who have spent many hours putting them together (I know that was a LOT of time spent) but for a Newbie like myself I have no idea where to start. I have done a lot of reading and searching here (along with other web sites) and all I've done is get more confused. Sure, I'd like to use Grey Wolves but from my understanding I need to uninstall SH3 prior to using and modify the cfg file (?) in SH3 Commander. Also, from what I've read I'll need JSGME to manage the mods I install. I believe that is installed with GWX. Then there is NYGM which I am still reading about and of course the 945 files available here. My head is spinning...

Please don't think I'm complaining or not Google searching this but it really is a lot of info to absorb. From what I've read here, the GWX manual alone is 600 pages, yikes! Yes, I have read the "SH3 Newbie Guide, Links and other helpful stuff thread", it does make sense to me for the most part.

I get the feeling you folks have heard this before from us new captains (i.e. knuckleheads) so forgive me if this type of comment has been posted 50+ times before.

Once again "hats off" to those of you dedicated to SH3 and Subsim, pat yourself on the back but not too long as to miss incoming PBYs!

Captain Coward

Last edited by Captain Coward; 09-30-16 at 01:36 PM.
Captain Coward is offline   Reply With Quote