View Single Post
Old 12-30-17, 09:16 PM   #583
SeaDrake
Watch

Location: up on Dugdown Mountain north Georgia no joke that is the mountains name
Downloads: 61
Uploads: 0

ACTION-ORIENTED SUBSIM SKIPPER

Oh hell, who are we kidding? Working TMA in Dangerous Waters is as exciting as watching paint dry. You want no part of it, and rightfully so, you are a man of action, the reason games with good graphics sell. You may try a hand at Silent Hunter 4 but only with fast reloads and never dud torpedoes. Who says you cannot sink a whole convoy and never drop below 16x time compression? And manual TDC? Are they crazy? If you wanted to work trig problems, you could do that in school. No, you like fast-paced games like Battlestations: Midway, Crash Dive, and Steel Tide. Blow stuff up real good! Zoom! Blam! Full speed ahead!

OK what gives with these tests LOL
physiologically a sub skipper would have to be a have all the info he can get and he or she (who knows some day ) anyway if you are not a go getter and cool headed and willing to go with your guts you do not stay a captain for long if your crew gets lucky
but if a sim captain was to go up against a real sub skipper who would win the match?
IMO the sim captain like in 688 I played against a real skipper a trashier grad infect and he could not locate my sub LOL used the thermal layers and he did not thank to check above or below so was easy to get him but Ii did have to fire 2 torps then use some imagination by hitting emergency blow and fire off a few decoys he hit the decoys LOL then boom he went to the bottom Or at least that is my stories LOL
SeaDrake is offline   Reply With Quote