View Single Post
Old 02-26-18, 10:09 PM   #4314
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

No, I'm not saying that just because they are in the GOP they are Trump supporters and defenders; I'm certain there are a great many intelligent, independent, considered, sensible, and rational persons in the GOP membership. I was merely pointing out that one of the many spurious defenses and claims made by Trump minions and defenders is there is some sort of DEM orchestrated plot against Trump via the FBI, various other DOJ entities, and the courts, all without a single shred of substantial evidence. It seems like only yesterday the GOP was deriding and ridiculing the notion of a vast right-wing conspiracy against the Clintons, remember?:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vast_r...ing_conspiracy

Both notions are fully idiotic and now such a notion has become a sad, weak defense for the Trump camp to use; talk about clutching at straws...

As far as McCain, a person for whom I have a deep respect, his only active hand in the dossier occurred when a copy of the memos was given to him and, after reviewing it, he deemed it a matter for the FBI to investigate; he really hasn't championed the memos actively, he just did what any responsible person, particularly a member of Congress would do when presented information about situations possibly detrimental to national security; basically, McCain called the cops...

See, you have it right there: an intelligent, independent, considered, sensible, and rational person in the GOP...

Too bad there are so very damn few such GOP members in the Trump camp, including Trump himself...

<O>