View Single Post
Old 11-28-13, 03:59 PM   #6
emsoy
Loader

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

Hi KBOSAK,

Have made a number of mods and additions, and also have a few questions. Please see below:

Did a complete rebuild of Tarantul boats as per your specifications, the boats are indeed Tarantul I not III. Also added 2000 version with Quad Grom mount.
- 434 Gornik [Pr.1241RE Tarantul I] -- Poland (Navy), 1984, 4x
- 434 Gornik [Pr.1241RE Tarantul I] -- Poland (Navy), 2000, 4x

OHP:
- Removed CWIS and Mk13 mount, as they have no ammo.
- Added a 2008 version of the class with MU90 torpedoes to match the 2008 version of the SH-2G.
- Is the Grom system made up of MANPADS or Quad launcher systems?

Kaszub:
- Added new entry with new sonar MG-322DSP Vychegda, "240 Kaszub [Pr.620] -- Poland (Navy), 2008"
- When was TEST-71ME installed?
- Is the Grom system made up of MANPADS or Quad launcher systems?

660 Orkan:
- Updated gun mount arcs and RBS-15 qty per your request.
- I think ST240 Toadfish was installed ca 2008?
- CRM-200 has a 1kW power output in Command to maximize range. Not entirely sure this should be changed?
- Grom MANPADS in addition to Quad mount?

Kobben:
- Added "294 Sokol [Type 207, Kobben Class]" carrying Type 617 torps only, which is the export designation for Tp 613.
- Only 4 of the eight torpedo tubes are used? Did I get that right?
- Does Poland carry MANPADS on these operationally? Are you sure it is practically possible to fire these SAMs from the subs?

Kilo:
- When was TEST-71ME installed? Some sources claim these subs were used in the anti-ship role only.
- When was Grom installed?

Mi-14 versions already in the database:
Mi-14PL Haze A -- Poland (Navy), 1982, Mi-14PW
Mi-14PL Haze A -- Poland (Navy), 2002
Mi-14PL Haze A -- Poland (Navy), 2007
Mi-14PS Haze C -- Poland (Navy), 1982, 5x

Added:
M28B Bryza 1R [An-28 Copy] -- Poland (Navy), 1995, 7x
Arty Bty (155mm/52 Self-Propelled Krab Howitzer x 6) -- Poland (Army), 2013

Misc corrections:
- Fixed Tarantul I Bass Tilt radar arc
- Removed one AK-630 on Polish Tarantul I

The reason we have separate database entries for submarine and ship torpedoes is because surface ships use the torps out to the maximum kinematic range while subs do
not.

The Garpun is credited with a 70nm+ OTH range against large targets, and 24nm against small targets. The OTH capability was needed to fire the SS-N-2D out to its maximum range, apparently. The Sea Giraffe 150 has a different role it seems. I can give it OTH capability in the database if it has this in real life. Ditto for AN/SPS-55.

Thanks!

Database guru, sensor model developer, system tester and senior scenario designer in the "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
emsoy is offline   Reply With Quote