View Single Post
Old 12-15-16, 04:29 AM   #13
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
SketchUp is a 3D modelling software especially conceived for architectural, landscape and videogaming design. For a period it was owned by Google, and it was employed by the company as a freeware platform that private users could use for creating Google Earth's geolocalized models of cities and lanscapes. If you have Google Earth you can scan the world map for any 3D landmark visible from the sea. If its model has been made available for download by its creator (most models are), by clicking on it you are redirected to its download page on 3D Warehouse
Interesting reading !

Quote:
Thank you. Looking for the files on my HD
Do you prefer having them as raw obj files and tga textures, or imported directly in a dat file?
I prefer in .dat files.

Quote:
Cool stuff there, thank you very much Tycho
Yes thank you.

Quote:
I do but...

The Phare de la Vieille is already available on 3D Warehouse:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/mod...8b0380112b9dd2
Mmh, it's a good start, but we need a better model (not just flat faces with a texture for the details).

Quote:
I think I can start converting those models in a format that can be imported in game.
As for the Phare des Triagoz, the plan you have provided and pictures of it available on the web should be enough to build a fairly realistic model of it
Very good news !

Quote:
flakmonkey's lighthouse is the one I was mentioning in my previous post. I don't think it reperesents any real lighthouse, but it looks very nice!
Yes, not bad, the upper part is well modelled. We can also use the RoterSand lighthouse ("LH" to abbreviate) for new models, it's a very pretty LH.