View Single Post
Old 04-15-24, 04:46 PM   #367
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

And a bit on Golf again. I have stabilized my handicap between 18.3 and 18.7, and according to the table in this article, amongst German real golf players that is a pretty respectable value already.

https://golfforscher-de.translate.go...en&_x_tr_hl=de

I forget all that when playing a round, however, and still get very angry with myself, I ruin my rounds with two or three holes of horror where I collect unnecessary mistakes and turn a par 3 into a 9 above par or something like that, and I do this not rarely. The psychological aspect of it is really very interesting, this inner war against yourself that you must wage all the time, the challenge to remain calm and modest even in the face of rage and frustration, and the hard oyu fight for cxlamer, the nore you lose thsi fight of course. Classical meditation paradoxon! Frustration, despair, fury are there, but then sometimes also some surprising satisfaction when a long put goes in you did not expect to end up in the hole, the extraordinarily good drive, the shot going exactly as intended. And then the next desaster awaits you already just one shot later, and you slice it 20m to the right and land the ball right before a tree trunk. Or it rolls endlessly over the green, drops off the green on the other side and with last energy falls into a water obstacle that happens to suddenly show up there. Or you balance the ball three times along the rim of the hole, and it does not go in, just bends its course. The relief when you finally got releaved from your misery, and then you dont kow what to do: curse and yell, or laugh about how ridiculous it all and yourself are.

You want to learn about the character and inner value of somebody else? Lead him onto the golf course. It tells volumes about whom you are dealing with.

Which means: be careful with whom you play a round together, you may reveal more about yourself to the other than you are aware of.