View Single Post
Old 09-29-15, 03:56 PM   #4
DesertGhost
Seaman

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
http://summer.uci.edu/pdfs/travelstudy/history114_the_reconstruction_of_europe.pdf! Quite an extensive reference bibliography on the topic. a good start point. Hey say something Frisian!
Haha, so you want me to prove that I'm really Frisian? Well fortunately the Frisians made a saying for that: "Būter, brea, en griene tsiis; wa't dat net sizze kin, is gjin oprjochte Fries!" I would love to hear you try to pronounce this
(translated as "Butter, rye bread and green cheese, whoever cannot say that is not a genuine Frisian." It is said Grutte Pier, a Frisian hero, used that to determine if someone was an enemy, a Hollander, or a friend, a Frisian.)
Or did you have any requests? I can always try to translate it

Tige tank (thank you) for the link, it looks very useful and I will certainly have a closer look at all the references!

Thanks Jimbuna! I now mostly avoid wikipedia, because I'm not allowed to use that as source, but on the other hand it is very useful since there are a lot of references/sources on those pages which I can look at and perhaps use. So I will certainly have a closer look!
Those documentaries also look very interesting! Thank you
It's time for you to return

DesertGhost is offline   Reply With Quote