View Single Post
Old 11-08-23, 07:22 AM   #17
ElCid97
Gunner

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 5

Good Morning!

Just a quick update before going to work. Figured I'd post the "changelog" I've been keeping. Just need to see about some doubled-up ships, but pretty much done with the "hard" part now.

Sorry about the formatting below, but for some reason the board's message box here keeps "stripping" the spaces and tabs from the front of the individual lines even though I have them in my "txt" file. It just makes it a little harder to read.

CHANGELOG - As of 07-NOV-2023
=============================

1. Finished re-naming all the ships for the Default (1.5-Gold), Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate (1.8), Nihon Kaigun (1.2), and Nippon Maru (1.9) ship listings.
-- I'm not sure if there would be a problem using this "Names.cfg" file with other mods like RFB, TMO, RSRD, or a combination there-of, but there shouldn't be any since I haven't changed the "ClassName" which is to the "LEFT" of the "=" sign in the file. I've only changed the actual name that is displayed.
-- Missions should not be affected because, again, I haven't changed anything in the "callup" for the ships.

2. Currently working on scrubbing the "Names.cfg" file one more time to standardize all the changes. The main reason for this is that it's taken me so long to go through the listing that I've already found some discrepancies. I want to make sure that all the warships and all the merchants are using the same naming conventions -- or at least something similar enough to each other that it doesn't look like twenty people were working on this without talking to each other.
-- All combat ships have their names or hull number designations added instead of the name if available.
-- Warships: BBIowa=(BB) Iowa Class (BB-61) Length: 889 ft. Asp. Ratio: 5.88
CVEnterprise=(CV) Yorktown Class (CV-6) Length: 823 ft. Asp. Ratio: 4.97
CLOi=(CL) Kuma Class (HIJMS Oi) Length: 535 ft. Asp. Ratio: 4.57
W-19 Minesweeper=(AM/DMS) No.19 Class Length: 273 ft. Asp. Ratio: 3.82
DDFubuki=(DD) Fubuki I Class (HIJMS Fubuki) Length: 387 ft. Asp. Ratio: 4.35
DDHibiki=(DD) Akatsuki/Fubuki III Class (HIJMS Hibiki) Length: 387 ft. Asp. Ratio: 4.35
DDFubukiII=(DD) Ayanami/Fubuki II Class (HIJMS Ayanami) Length: 387 ft. Asp. Ratio: 4.35
-- All merchants have the ONI-209 nomenclature as well as the BuC&R / BuShips code applied where applicable. Also, the type of bow has been added to some (plumb or raked, as applicable) where it didn't stand out very well what type it may have been in the silouette.
-- Merchants: TugBoat=(ATO) Tug Boat Length: 205 ft. Asp. Ratio: 2.64
Whalechaser=(IX) Whaling Trawler Length: 205 ft. Asp. Ratio: 2.83
NL_B=47-K-M-K-K-K-F (AC) Medium Coaler: Plumb Length: 381 ft. Asp. Ratio: 4.81
NL_C=14-M-M-F-M-M (AK) Medium Heavyload Freighter: Plumb Length: 381 ft. Asp. Ratio: 4.81
NL_T01=62-M-M-F (AO) Medium Fleet Oiler Length: 410 ft. Asp. Ratio: 4.19
NPL_Hap=11-M-K-F-K-M-K (AP) 9,000-ton Modern Troopship Length: 449 ft. Asp. Ratio: 3.44
NPL_RC=11-M-K-F-K-M-K (AH) 9,000-ton Hospital Ship Length: 449 ft. Asp. Ratio: 3.44
NSHOS=22-M-F-M (APH) 3,500-ton Hospital Transport Length: 341 ft. Asp. Ratio: 3.98
KMCSHeito=22-M-F-M (AP/AK) Heito Maru Length: 341 ft. Asp. Ratio: 3.98
CyelonMaru=47-M-K-M-M-K-F (AK/AO) Cyelon Maru Length: 381 ft. Asp. Ratio: 4.81
JPAuxCruiser=29-M-K-K-F-M (AK/ACL/XCL) Shinano Maru Length: 528 ft. Asp. Ratio: 3.99

3. I still need to work on some of the eventual PDF images which I've decided to make/use for a PDF version of a "manual" which I'm going to include as a companion to the mod.
-- Will be based on ONI-41-42 for the warships and ONI-208-J for the merchants.
-- The merchant ships will be on pages that are from the manual where applicable.
-- Where there isn't something for reference, I'm just making something based on the closest, real ship. See Conte Verde page already posted as an example.
NOTE: The PDF will be broken down into two or more PDF files due to the size I'm already seeing in the file. Also please bear in mind the final PDF will probably be "ink-intensive" when compared to some other PDF files, so please be aware of that if you decide to print it when it comes out.

4. Still need info on height of the bridge (generally) for the U.S. subs.
-- I'm including a "Range Table" that will allow the user (if the game even simulates this) to actually be able to use the horizontal lines -- or at least the horizontal markings -- to determine the estimated range of a target ship that is over the horizon. (Like the ones in the silouettes that look like they measure height).
-- Not sure if this is modeled in the sim, or if it's modeled well if it is modeled. I do know that the ships will appear just under the horizon in-game, so I'm guessing you SHOULD be able to use the range table if you can at least estimate how much of the ship is visible and use that as an estimate of visible height.
-- The table was taken from a version of ONI-204 (German Ships) which is available online, but should work for any ship since it's based on math and not on a specific type of ship.

5. I'm stripping the "Font Mod" from the previously released BuPers mod and releasing as a "stand-alone" mod for those that would like to try the "typewriter" fonts in their set-up.
-- This will give you "typed" lettering throughout the sim.
-- Nothing new as far as the fonts go. They are just the default fonts that have been used based on the closest size to the orignal font that is being replaced.
-- The only issue I've found is in one of the options menus. The "Apply" option at the bottom right is cut off a little. I'm still trying to figure out which/where that is, but since it's the only thing I've found that didnt really work too well, I just left it alone.
-- I wasn't able to change the ammo counts since that would've been WAY too much learning to try and figure out how to move it. I figured the default font was okay for that.
-- I'm trying to figure a way to best place the ammo count in the weapons page so that you can get access to the number and types of rounds still onboard without having to actually get on the guns. Even if it's just a tool tip it would still be better than nothing. If I'm able to do this, it will be in the typewriter font like all the other stuff on the page already.

I'll try and get some screenshots tonight.

Hope everyone's day goes well. Like the old GEICO commercial said: "Hump Day!"

ElCid97
ElCid97 is offline   Reply With Quote