View Single Post
Old 01-12-17, 04:19 PM   #22
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

Bah! you lot are so bloody fixated on Microsnot screwing you over you can't see the wood for the trees.
Simplifying updates for Windows 7 and 8.1

Quote:
New Windows 7 SP1 convenience rollup makes image creation much faster
We’re happy to announce today that we’re making available a new convenience rollup for Windows 7 SP1 that will help. This convenience rollup package, available to download from http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/...aspx?q=3125574, contains all the security and non-security fixes released since the release of Windows 7 SP1 that are suitable for general distribution, up through April 2016. Install this one update, and then you only need new updates released after April 2016.
This convenience update is completely optional; it doesn’t have to be installed and won’t even be offered via Windows Update – you can choose whether or not you want to use it.
To apply this update, you must install the April 2015 servicing stack update for Windows 7 (KB3020369). You can read more about the Convenience rollup update for Windows 7 SP1 here.
I did a fresh install of Win7 SP1 when I heard about the file above and it went without too much bother. There were only about 40 files left to download (there might be more now though), the only thing to watch out for are the monthly rollup files, if you need to update Win7 further just download the security only updates ones from the link below.

Install the three KBs in the order I've listed them, they're a fix for Win7 taking forever to search for any updates.
KB3020369 first
KB3172605 second
KB3177467 third

You'll also need these three files as well before you install the security patches.
July 21, 2016 — KB3172605
August 16, 2016 — KB3179573
September 20, 2016 — KB3185278
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

I hope that hasn't confused things too much, Now I'm going for a lay down in a darkened room after all that typing and research type whatnot.