View Single Post
Old 06-17-17, 09:23 PM   #1
kahoaalohakupaa
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 0
Default Aloha SubSim mā!

Aloha ʻoukou!
My name is Kahoaalohakūpaʻa and I have "lurked" (I think that's how they say it) here on the SubSim forums now and then; but recently I have become intrigued with maritime folkways, culture, and what not.

I read Melville's Moby Dick a few years back and found myself not being able to relate to the story at first but then the book really grew on me.

I do have a small penchant for military history and after about a year or so later, while looking for of copy of "Naval Strategy" by Admiral Mahan (a friend recommended the martial thinker/writer) I came across the "U-Boat Commanders Handbook," Thomas Pub. (1989). And afterward was really captivated by the idea of being able to experience an accurate Submarine simulation.

Now I admittedly have never been an enthusiastic (or apt, 😂 ) video-gamer, but I enormously enjoyed and often played Strategy and Tactics magazine's in-issue war games. Enjoying the smaller unit, urban-based, Middle Eastern conflicts the most! So I purchased a copy of Silent Hunter III. Though I never was able to get the game to operated on my system without serious lag.

A few months ago I look into Ubisoft's submarine line games again and discovered that back in 2010 a new one had been released and I really want to give this another shot. I have a new computer system and have discovered all of the support that SubSims give to their community including all of the members here who have a YouTube presence.

So! Here I am, on there verge of buying a new copy of Silent Hunter V. I plan on doing a little more study of game mechanics and research of what mods might be for me. I am of the "total reality" type of game experience seeker.

I don't just want to consume information here on the SubSim forums but I hope to eventually be able to contribute to the community.

Mahalo for reading my into! And talk to you soon!
A hui hou!
kahoaalohakupaa is offline   Reply With Quote