Thread: What?!?!?
View Single Post
Old 10-08-18, 09:52 AM   #9
CaptBones
The Old Man

Downloads: 208
Uploads: 0

Default Thanks again vdr!

Aha...found it. Was searching fruitlessly for that "manually appropriate" patch, when it occurred to me it might be in one of the "Advanced Users" collections. I would never consider myself an "advanced user" so never looked there before; but there it is! Now the question is, will I be brave enough to try it? Maybe after I get some more "time in the saddle".

Meanwhile, I was looking at your other post concerning the "Leaderboard"...is that the same thing as "otto's chalkboard"?

Update to my original issue...
I decided to start all over again and deleted all the saves, deleted the career, went into the "SH5/data/cfg" folder and cleaned up the "progress" file and deleted both the "save" and "replay" files. I even manually deleted the career name folders in the SH5/data/users folder and then wiped everything clean with CCleaner (and my old trusty "Evidence Eliminator").

Being curious but "reckless", I went into the Ubisoft/Uplay folder in C:Program Files (X86) and deleted the "3" folder inside the registry folder in the "savegame" folder. I wonder if that's where Uplay "fetches" the saved game from when it says it's downloading them from the server (I'm in offline mode...what "server" is it "downloading" from?)...and then I wonder if that is an "autosave" folder that corrupts/overwrites data in the saves in the Documents/SH5 saved game folders. I don't know...but anyway...

Then I started a new campaign and so far everything is working well. BTW, I noticed that when I started the new campaign and walked into the bunker to ask good old "Georg" for my orders, that my boat was fully surfaced. When I went back to start the mission, it was decks awash again...nice of the repair department "QA" guys to be doing their testing...I just wish they would get it all done before I try to get onboard and get underway.
CaptBones is offline   Reply With Quote