View Single Post
Old 06-29-09, 05:34 PM   #13
alexsmith
Loader

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Thank God - you're here, Bullethead!
I'm very appreciate for your answers but - as you could expect - there are a lot of still remains If you please...

Quote:
Nope, the RJW's 6" gun stats are exactly the same as before, so each hit still does the same damage it did before.
While playing 1.0 I used to drown Asama and Izumo with 9 cruisers - 4 AC from Vladivostok with Bayan and 5 PC. My AC stayed in first line accumulating all the enemy's wrath while PC from second line - completely unharmed - threw their 6" shells at enemy's cruisers and drowned they easily.
Trying to repeat that success in 1.5 I found that PC seems to make no harm to enemy at all - only 8" guns were worth a bit - no matter from what distance. I spent a lot of time trying to overbeat enemy's 2 AC - and it was much more harder than before - like my PCs played no role at all! So I assumed that 6" guns are degraded in 1.5...

Quote:
There's no computer advantage. Both sides have the same accuracy, because both sides use the same AI gunners.
Today I had an experience fighting Togo with Russian BB fleet: wide line of my BB (side to side) againts IJN keel line - not closer than 11km (running away to Port Authur) - so almost all my seven BB and 3 AC had the ability to shoot Mikasa at the same time while Japanese shoot from greater distances (hope my English is understandable enough

As a result of about an hour of battle Retvizan is burned up while Mikasa is still light and didn't lost a knot of speed. From the game log I calculated that my ships took about 16 12" (305mm) shells and more than 70 6" (152mm) - those are cumulative numbers, cause Japanese targeted different ships from time to time. I only targeted Mikasa during the whole battle.

Either my gunners didn't shoot Mikasa about the same or it's damage control is quite better than my - having no possibility to track down hit's of computer I may only assume, that computer is cheating In that case I only have chance to defeat enemy loading game over and over again - trying to overrun Random number generator. This means no pleasure from game at all

There is another example: Yellow Sea battle. 7 Russian BB + 3 AC against 4 IJN AC - 10 minutes, 6 km - head BB is moderate almoust heavy, Asama is mostly unharmed... Tell me it's not cheating!!!

Maybe I'm not a very experienced player: I only have won two companies in 1.0 - both for Russia and Japan. But in 1.5 - despite fire management is quite better now - computer became much more difficult to beat in the comparable circumstances...

Also the question
: the game manual for 1.5 contains no explain of new Simulation options - where the Gunnery Accuracy and Gunnery Damage located. Should I assume that higher settings (slider to right) mean more accuracy/damage for BOTH SIDES while lower (slider to left) mean less? Or there is some other meaning of it because it's absolutely not clear?..
alexsmith is offline   Reply With Quote