View Single Post
Old 02-12-16, 02:15 PM   #6
nsomnia
Weps

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0

Re-modelled the structure of the control room and store room compartment this morning, the normals need some work to show up properly but its ready to start playing with different ideas to be able to control and "ride" the ship without actually possessing it (when the ship becomes the "player")

Also got a basic mini-map working, just trying to get it to work without a landscape present, it will show the players position, enemy positions and areas of interest as-is but hopefully can be extended in the future for plotting without having to do any real serious coding. As a bonus it can be displayed on the dead reckoning table.

Lastly got SSR (sub surface reflections) and foam working at a basic level and cubemap reflections to enhance the quality of the water

Edit: Unfortuantly the minimap I brought in from an old project only works with landcapes, I know of a major game that was released mid last year that used ue4's landscape system for water but it involved some heavy engine source code editing that I dont want to get into right now. Going to try to make it work with the ocean tiles when I have free time.

Last edited by nsomnia; 02-12-16 at 02:45 PM.
nsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote