View Single Post
Old 02-13-17, 05:55 PM   #336
Izgud
Watch

Downloads: 150
Uploads: 0

Hi,

After spending a lot of time looking around, I decided this was the GUI for me. Very nice! Since it solves almost all of the nitpicks I have with others, I decided to dedicate some time to it to collect fixes for the rest. Here are my results:

Problem: Game font uses Cyrillic characters
Solution: Replace Ahnenerbe fonts folder with regular GWX fonts folder (what I'm doing, no problems yet), or use the link here

P: Convoy map (Karte 1) not in English
S: Same link: here

P: Incorrect speed marker on AOB disc
S: Solved here. I adjusted ericlea's tga a bit for myself, removing the 'S' and darkening the red line a bit. It can be found at the bottom of this post if you want it instead. Again, all credit to ericlea!

P: Map tools not inverted like in GWX (e.g. 270 is now 90 when plotting ruler course)
S: Solved here

P: Tube/Salvo selector dials are empty or doubled
S: To fix empty dials, make sure you are using the SH3 Commander addon. To fix double dials (double TDC salvo dial), I went into menu_1024_768.ini, found G3B I94, and changed Pos=5,-25,128,128 to Pos=500,-25,128,128;5,-25,128,128 (it's like this in other similar mods like MaGui). There might be another way to fix this, and perhaps a way to bypass the SH3 Commander addon entirely. If so, please do tell!

P: I don't want the extra recognition manual (there's a link for this in this thread, but it's dead now)
S: Go into menu_1024_768.ini and delete all of the entries from [G26 I6] to [G26 I47]. There's one more entry to delete further down by itself: [G26 I158]. If you do this, you MUST renumber everything in the G26 section. If there's an easier way to do this, I'm sure people would be happy to know about it! EDIT: h.sie's Renumbering Tool! (SH3MenuIniRenumberV0.6.7z) Alternatively, you can try my menu_1024_768.ini down below.

After those entries are deleted and the rest in G26 are renumbered, you can delete the entire RecManualPanel texture folder if you wish.

P: Crew talks when using periscope keys
S: There are problems in the included commands_en.cfg, so I'm using my own. The only reason (I think?) to make changes to this file is to make sure new buttons work. To do that (again, I think), all you need are the MnID lines. So if you want to use your own commands_en.cfg, simply compare it with Ahnenerbe's and match up all the MnIDs. I've also attached my own commands_en.cfg below if you want to try it, though it might give you other problems!

----

I've also created an RPM chart for the hydrophone station based off of the one made by Canovaro/DoenitzEliteFlotilla. All credit goes to them! I simply made it look a bit more WW2.

If you don't use my menu_1024_768.ini but still want the RPM chart, find the G33 section and add this to the bottom:
Code:
[G33 I10]
Name=Rpmchart
Type=1031;Stat bmp array
ItemID=0x330100FF
ParentID=0x33010000
Pos=-2633,863,1213,853
Color=0xFFFFFFFF
Materials=1
Display=2;Linear
Mat 0=data/Menu/Gui/Layout/RPMChart.tga
Crop 0=0,0,1,1
MatFlags=0x29
TexFmt=0x9
Drag=true
BmpState=1
NeedFocus=true
SelOne=true
IdGroup=0
StatesColors=0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF
Again, if the last entry in your G33 section is not [G33 I9] you MUST renumber the "I10" part of [G33 I10] to suit your own ini file.

The RPM chart, along with my menu_1024_768.ini, commands_en.cfg, and AOB disc speed line adjustment can be downloaded here! EDIT: Check this post instead.

Regards!

Last edited by Izgud; 10-02-17 at 05:18 PM.
Izgud is offline   Reply With Quote