View Single Post
Old 02-27-19, 12:53 PM   #1322
Van der Graaf
Nub

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0
Icon1

Hi all
First of all I wanted to thank HanSolo and every one else who was included in the process of creating this great mod! Spending your free time on making SH3 even better.
It's my first post on this forum, and I've been playing SH3 a little way back in my childhood when game came out, so it was more arcade-ish approach in my edition and now it's pleasure rediscovering this game, with mods, more knowledge, learning about tactics, RAOBF and all that stuff.
Also wanted to thank Eric for the tutorial of installation, and although it's in french, with transaltor it wasn't too big hassle
After a little of reading forums and testing, I ended up with such a list so far:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Gry\SH3-WAC\MODS]

WarAceCampaign 5.0
WarAceCampaign 5.0 Patch_5.2
Complete Sound for WAC5
black contacts
Musique Menu Gwx
M.E.P v6
Optional - FSF for MEP v6
Optional - ShipVanishingHull for MEP v6
Optional - Zoomable Free Camera
M.E.P v6 - VisualSensors for WAC v5.2
WAC5.2 H.sie Supplement to V16B1
EnvSimAct_10
Optimized ARB-Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920x1080 for WAC5

Seems to be working fine, but if someone more expirienced could take a look and tell if it makes sense I would be grateful, as I myself have only started journey with modding SH3.
Only to mention that I had bug with black terrain textures, even after using terrain.act file from Anvar, so I had to remove Detaile.tga file, as I couldn't even open it without error, and now coloured grounds are back maybe the fact that I have Radeon GPU is the reason
Too pity that full interiors can't be used simultaneously with optimized ARB gui tried them both in naval academy and it looked great! I see Eric, that you can run them both in black sea video, but I guess thats because of the smaller campaign files? so it's lighter for ram?
I was wondering would it be possible to make something like a "Full Interiors - Light"? Where it would contain only enhanced: command room, tower and radio room; just like vanilla game does. Maybe that way it would be lightweight enought for RAM to fit in 4 gigs restrictions of 32-bit SH3.

Anyway, thanks for great work again and I'm awed seeing how people still improve this game
Van der Graaf is offline   Reply With Quote