View Single Post
Old 08-02-17, 05:08 PM   #459
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
Yes, I'm curious to see what lighthouses you want to add.
Um... I have made no selection: so far I have marked on map all the lighthouses that I am aware of from Saint-Jean-de-Luz in Aquitaine to Lorient. I thought we better have an overall view of all the lighthouses available before we decide which one to model in game

Here is the file:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/97wsw...f%20France.kmz

If you have Google Earth installed, just double click on the kmz file to add it to the list of GE's custom locations. The lighthouses are found in a folder called "Lighthouses of France" and they are grouped by department. Click on any item in the list, to zoom the map on it. Click on the icons on map to open a window with information, pictures and links. If you want the coordinates of any lighthouse, right click on its name in the list or on its icon on map, and select 'Properties'.

Quote:
By the way, I have created an Excel file to store and calculate coordinates. Here it is
Useful, thanks

Since we are at it: do you want me to update the coordinate calculator spreadsheet with your adjusted formulas?

Quote:
I would delete the 2 small black portions of concrete remaining on top (after the explosion of the gaz tank, they would have been thrown in the air).
Okay I will remove them, no problem, but I am afraid that the explosion of that gas cylinder wont be enough to demolish the top of the solid reinforced concrete tower by itself. The explosion will probably blast away some railings and part of the eaves though

Quote:
And I would add another row of metalic bars.
Okay, will do that too, but... I am loosing my sight on those tiny bars lol

Quote:
Yes. Once the light device is destroyed, the AI doesn't fire anymore on the beacon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
If we wanted the AI to stop attacking our lighthouse as soon, or shortly after, the top model is destroyed, we should link tower top's damage box to a zone whose hit points are ca. equal to the hit points of the whole unit (as set in its .zon file/CollisionableObject controller).
Quote:
That's logical: the main unit inherits damage suffered by any of its parts linked to a damage box. If hit points of the top tower model are as high as the overall hit points of the unit, or even higher, there is an high chance that the unit will be destroyed as soon as, or before, the tower-top is blasted away.

Quote:
Let's try, and see what happens.

Last edited by gap; 08-02-17 at 05:16 PM.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote