View Single Post
Old 11-26-07, 04:34 PM   #11
rrmelend
Medic

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus
Just the Drum. I think theres one in San diego or san Francisco, but im too lazy to make the drive - particuarlly to San Francisco. Drum was by happenstance, was stationed a few hours away from mobile at one point, so i made the trip. Cool thing was, servicemembers and vets got in for free, so i really had a field day.

Wish i brought my camera
As Prof said in the post after yours, the boat in Frisco is the Pampanito. I never did get around to her when I was attending college in Santa Cruz. I'll make it to see her one of these days. As far as San Diego goes I lived there for 20 years and the only time I remeber a sub being there (other than at the sub base below Cabrillo Point) was sometime in the mid-80's they had a Soviet sub pull in one weekend and they let people walk through parts of it. I was only 7 or 8 years old so I don't remember much or what boat or even class it was. As far as the camera goes I know your pain. The conference I was on in Philly, Gettysburg, and DC was a once in a lifetime thing (Presidential Academy for American History and Civics, 1 teacher per state) and I could not find my camera in time. I moved the week before my flight left. I have no pics from the Becuna but I have a ton from the Bowfin.
rrmelend is offline   Reply With Quote