View Single Post
Old 11-06-18, 12:28 PM   #3
Kelly621
Officer

Downloads: 336
Uploads: 0

Antaries,

First, you don't need to start a second thread you should continue to use the first thread you started...less confusing that way.

You can not install one supermod on top of another one. However, Fifi gave you some good advice. Use the utility MultiSH3 which allows you to have multiple copies of SH3 on your computer.

The idea is to have a clean original install of vanilla SH3 with no mods. The only thing you use it for is to make other working copies of SH3 on your computer. Let say you make a second copy of SH3 with MultiSH3. You then install GWX to this second copy. In your case you want to also try WAC 5.01 so you would make another copy of SH3 with MultiSH3 and install WAC into it.

If things go bad you can simply delete the copy and replace it with another copy of your original install and try again. This will make you life sooo.. much easier. I am assuming you are already using JSGME since you use it to setup GWX, a simple to use mod manager. Always, always use it to install mods unless the mod readme specific tells you to install the mod directly.

I know the Steam version of SH3 is a bit of a different animal then the disk version I am using so you will need someone familiar with Steam to give you the nuts and bolts details about using MultSH3 with Steam.

Hope this helps you some...

Kelly621
Kelly621 is offline   Reply With Quote