Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 09-12-16, 02:22 PM   #1851
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

I've uploaded to the Google site my modifications for the latest FOTRS_v.1Beta. It's called "FOTRS Air_Ship_Sound_2". It can be found in the "FOTRS Core Mod Some Assembly Required" folder.

I've got a small readme within the mod. Basically it combines the "Fotrs Addon Ships" and the "802 Emulate Stock" sound mod together with my additions/corrections for the beta. You should have a working Museum now, with all assets in game.

Besides what I wrote in the Readme, the Hydrophone doesn't have the zoomed view as before with the mouse wheel. I'm also hoping the binoculars will have the compass bearing at the top of the view with all higher resolutions. I made some changes to the Names.cfg file by only changing the term "Big" to "Large" for those so named. Removed the Recognition Manual images of the red markings of OTC's on the "Fotrs Addon Ships" mod. Added the phrase "Rudder Amidships" when striking the appropriate keyboard key (sorry, my voice doesn't quite match, did the best I could). All planes have armament, which is one way for them not to attack when flying overhead. They will now if they haven't already lost their weapons.

I'm not done with the sensors. I'm working on the Sonar/Hydrophone now. There are things that don't make sense, but I'm not surprised either.

My first find is that the Sonar is non existent in-game without the Hydrophone. The Hydrophone does it all. When you have those grey lines drawn on the nav map showing a targets position....its the hydrophone doing the work. Sonar is non existent. Even when the targets are stationary....making no noise at all, the sonar doesn't find them......the Hydrophone does. I have no idea why the game has the sonar as a defined function.....the hydrophone does all the work. Even without the Sonar parameters in the game, the ping can still be made on a target. But without the Hydrophone...you've got nothing.

Hopefully, I'll be done soon.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote