View Single Post
Old 08-27-14, 04:37 PM   #1
glassbottom
Swabbie

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Default New to the forums and Silent Hunter 3, couple concerns....

I recently bought SH3, after getting the strange, and immediate need to pretend to be a German submarine captain. After looking into the available options I downloaded and installed GWX gold with little to no problems.

Everything was working fine, but having played for a little bit, I found the tools that assist with manual targeting to be lacking, and so am now looking for a solution.
I gather, MaGui, or OLC are my best options?
What do I need to download to get either one of those Mods working with GWX gold?

I also wanted better audio. I found the Thomsen sound Mod and installed it with JSGME, but I have run into a few hitches.

The first issue will probably get a couple laughs around here, as I'm hoping it is merely a in-game/Mod joke, and not something more insidious. The main menu scrolling banner now says "I need hot girls".

Please tell me this is nothing more than the modder taking the piss, and isn't a sign that I've downloaded an infected/malicious version of the Thomsen sound file.

My second issue, is that all of the buttons and gauges are now labeled in German, where before applying the sound Mod they were in English.
How do I correct this?

Thanks, for any assistance.
glassbottom is offline   Reply With Quote