View Single Post
Old 11-30-18, 08:17 AM   #9
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by techsubdiver View Post
In my opinion getting into DW and SH is easier and more accessible than getting into Cold Waters, as CW comes with many specific game designs not being logical or obvious to common sense, using real world submarine tactics may even lead to a quicker death in this game.
I have to disagree with this statement. CW is much easier to get into than DW or SH. However, if someone had already played DW and SH, maaaaaaybe getting into CW would be less accessible, but as an extensive DW player, I had no issues getting into CW. CW is very much "here's some buttons" and you can start playing and have fun. DW takes a long time just to get used to how everything works, never mind playing the game effectively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techsubdiver View Post
I still hope that modders may find means to modify CW. Hearing about something being "hardcoded" is also getting somewhat old as I heard it a thousand times in the SH and DW community until a smart modder came by and found a way to change it.
Unfortunately, yes, some things are, for all intents and purposes, completely hard coded and not changeable without access to the source code. You cannot go from machine code to editable code that is easy for humans to understand.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote