View Single Post
Old 06-04-07, 05:38 AM   #58
Maraz
Navy Dude

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Hi,

I could understand how both sides of the wheel should work, and I am doing some tests. I usually employ the plotting method (3:15 measurements and so on) but I find that the method using the wheel can be quicker and makes more use of information (e.g. AOB that in the plotting method is not used).

I have a question: in the target speed calculation (rear side of the wheel) I am assuming that own ship must be stationary. But this is a luxury that one can seldom have (need to position better for attack, need to keep depth, etc.).

Is there a way to compensate for own ship movement while computing target's speed (using the rear of the wheel)?

I suppose that (assuming that the submarine has kept constant speed and course) one should make a vector sum of target speed and own ship speed, but I have no idea about how this can be done using the wheel or in another simple way.

I read somewhere that the US wheel could compensate for submarine movement but I have no idea how this was done (I don't have SH4 o I did not study the US wheel)

Thanks

Maraz

First career: VIIB
U-54
Current career (Black Sea): IID U-24

GWX 2.1, U-Jagd Tools, 100% difficulty, manual targeting, DiD,

Maraz is offline   Reply With Quote