View Single Post
Old 03-27-19, 09:52 AM   #7
Boo McFly
Swabbie

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 0

okay so I am still stuck. I used the clean file Steam DL'd - started the game to create the save file - and created my zip file 'clean install' from that.

issue 1 - how do I get rid of the, or can I get rid of the licensing so I can have a copy outside of steam?
issue 2 - multisilent hunter still doesn't work.

question 1 - all the versions (original, mod1 and mod2) that I have right now play fine. they are all in the steam folder obviously. I guess what happened is I changed the Steam created 'silent hunter wolves of the pacific' name to 'silent hunter 4 - wolves of the pacific' so steam went to update (I guess) didn't find the game, so created a new copy for me. So 3 versions, all in steam, all work fine, but they do all save to the same file location.

my question is...do I care? if I mod the version of steam, but it saves to the same location wouldn't I just need to adjust my save names? ie 'uncut patrol 1-1' or 'mod1 patrol 2-3' as long as I know which mod the save file is for, wouldn't everything work okay? or am I missing something?
thanks for your help!
Boo McFly is offline   Reply With Quote