View Single Post
Old 09-10-14, 07:47 AM   #10
banryu79
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 2
I really hope you can release this mod soon (at least the GWX3.0 version, as I'm using this!! ) I would like very much to try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobon View Post
Known bugs:
-I can't reimplement the Attack map (as F6)... As this step need a THIRD command, that recognised and validated by the system as a valid map command...
For me this is not a problem... As I already said I have never used the Attack Map for two reasons:
1) I never really felt the need of it.
2) I don't like the visual clues it gives away about enemy sensor cones.

Quote:
-Now as the back button is implemented to the nav. map, you cant order to start course, or exit from tools properly. The workaround is to use ctrl+right click, or shift+right click, this way the backstep doesnt happen, but the map recognises it as a legal right click. A little annoying, Ive got used to it, but it would be nice to solve this.
For me this too is not a problem at all, I will just have to take a different habit.

Quote:
-The conn. tower TDC shows the speedometer of the target differently than the attack map one: (stock bug) at the attack map, the little lines from 5 to 10 knots represent 1 knot steps. At the conning tower's wall, theres four lines in equal distances, not 5... So you have to approximate, where is, for example, 8 knot...
This could be a small problem but to tell you the truth I never tried to use the TDC "3D interface" in the conning tower... I really never give it a thought

But considering what your mod would deliver, the use of the conning tower TDC interface is obviusly "part of the game" so IMO of all the bugs/problems you spoke about I would consider this issue top priority.

I'd like to help you but I'm not a modder at all so I haven't the slightes idea of where to start to look for a possible solution... or if a solution is possible in the first place

Quote:
Good news is, Im working on an easy MANUAL method, usable in every version of the game, which add up nicely to this idea, to determine the target's speed when you run at full speed, or any speed, and the other good side of this, is you can draw the necessary sketch all in one step AFTER you made the two observations...
So far I had time to test it once in practice, in a convoy follow-up, it produced exact results- but I can't really rely on this, until several succesful measurements is taken.
The description of this method would be most interesting... I think that if you are able to realese as soon as possible a pre-alpha version of your mod (even in the current state it would be usefulf) people could try it and give you some feedback, maybe about this method too so you will have more test case run for you by other users... I think it would be useful for your mod effort!
banryu79 is offline   Reply With Quote