View Single Post
Old 08-19-14, 10:45 AM   #1
Nobon
Helmsman

Location: 1939-09-13. U-50 ran into a 10+ ship british convoy- I'm planning the approach
Downloads: 74
Uploads: 2
SHO Attack from the Conning Tower mod 0.1b + corrected area links

__________________________________________________ ___
Updated!

V0.1b First, beta test version, only for Newinteriors 2.0 mod-

Download:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4550

Readme:

Realistic Conning Tower for attacks
by Nobon (Daniel Wolf)

Realism mod.
This version is
only for FM newinteriors 2.1 mod
0.1 BETA testing version.

Attacks, fully planned and executed from the conning tower, by the commander.

Keep in mind, that this version is only a BETA, and contains some flaws, stated next.

Current features:

For the explanation of the whole mod, and the how's and why's, visit it's thread. (strongly recommended)

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=215152

Instead of the F6 attack map, and F5 navigational map, the ship has two navigational maps.
One is at the conn. tower deck.

No F6 map, so you have to use te TDC dials -at the conning tower's wall-,
while the boat moves.

-Reinvented the "back button" as right click, if you want to backstep from a station.
it works as:

From UZO to the bridge,
from attack periscope, after a brief show of the periscope close-up to the conning tower,
from the conning tower nav. map to the conning tower,
from the observation periscope to the control room,
from the control room nav. map to the control room.

-now the map at the conn. tower is a second nav. map.

-Conn tower now has a shortcut: shift+f1. !!!!!!

-Control room nav. map: F5.

-Conn. Tower nav. map: shift+F5.

Known bugs:

-I can't reimplement the Attack map (as F6)... As this step need a THIRD command, that recognised and validated by the system as a valid map command...

-Now the back button does nothing at the bridge, and at the conning tower, it wont let you step down a level. This is because a weird bug that otherwise

would put you right down to the last station in the "back chain", to the control room. This bug also produces a nice animation, as you press back at attack

periscope, then a close up view of the periscope tube will flash up, and then you back up to the control room. Kind of an outzoom XD

-Now as the back button is implemented to the nav. map, you cant order to start course, or exit from tools properly. The workaround is to use ctrl+right

click, or shift+right click, this way the backstep doesnt happen, but the map recognises it as a legal right click. A little annoying, Ive got used to it,

but it would be nice to solve this.

-The conn. tower TDC shows the speedometer of the target differently than the attack map one: (stock bug) at the attack map, the little lines from 5 to 10

knots represent 1 knot steps. At the conning tower's wall, theres four lines in equal distances, not 5... So you have to approximate, where is, for example,

8 knot...

INSTALL:
________

PLEASE install through JSGME, and only after installed FM NewInteriors 2.1 This mod, to take effect,
should be LOWER in the JSGME activated mod's list, than the FM mod.

Just put the contents into the MODS folder, and activate via JSGME.

UNINSTALL:

Deactivate via JSGME.

__________________________________________________ ________

Old introduction:

Greetings.

One and a half year spent since my last cruise, now Im back ^^ and made some important discoveries
about the commands.cfg. in the last hours.

Actually Im on the verge of releasing a mod, currently supported for

- GWX 3.0

- FM New Interiors 1.0

And maybe FM New Interiors 2.1d, why not, until a new release of that wonderful mod
comes out.

Theres also chance for releasing it compatible for STOCK 1.4, if someone sends me a correct
stock 1.4 commands_en.cfg.

Also a possibility to release it with compatibility with any other mod that alters
commands_en.cfg, if the crowd is big enough. ^^

Attack from the Conning Tower mod 0.1b

Actually Im very keen about the conn. tower, yet theres no use of it in a fast paced attack,
nor in stock, nor in anywhere I know.

The main goal of this mod is realism, and a nice feeling that you are actually command the
attack from the tower itself...

This upcoming mod currently features
(
tested, with gwx+fm interior 2.1d):

+Shortcut for the Conning Tower -> shift+f1

+Brought back to life the right mouseclick method, to jump back into the last station,
with some corrected values:

F3 (attack periscope) after a right click exits to Conning Tower, where you can instantly
feed the TDC on the right wall, or individually open each torpedo tube. You can reenter
the Attack periscope from here again.

O as Observation periscope after a right click exits to the Command Room, where it should.

UZO exits to the tower deck. (watch deck) As the Deck Gun, and The Flak also.

Navigational map(f5), and Attack map (f6) currenty doesnt exit anywhere, (doesn't react to right click)
but you can jump to the conn. tower with shift+F1, or to the control room, via F2.
This is merely because I need to refine the Conning Tower attack method, to be as simple as it can,
and also realistic, so I need to think about this a bit more XD where to link these two...

Troubleshooting:
Currently you can't exit from the tower deck via right click, (back to the submarine) and you can't exit
from the conn. tower via right click (back to the control room.)
Instead you can either click on the hatch on the floor, or use Shift+F1 or F2.

The reason for this restriction I made, is a weird, stacking up backstep command, which works like this:
If you are in an area (let just say Attack periscope, F3) and theres an exit for it, (conning tower)
and if theres an exit for the conning tower also, (control room) the right click will Woosh you right down
to the last exit ^^ Same with the tower deck. If theres an exit for the UZO (->tower deck) and an
exit for the Tower deck (->conning tower) you will find yourself down in the conning tower, if you exit Uzo...

So currently the right click maps like this:

UZO.........\
Deck GUN..-<->Tower Deck(f4).
Flak GUn.../

_______________________ have to click hatch, or Shift+F1 to go down___

F3 Attack periscope <- Periscope close view <- Conning tower.. <-,
..........\________________________________________________/

_______________________ have to click hatch, or F2 to go down___

O observation periscope <-> Control Room.

(yes, if you exit the attack scope, the scope 3d model view will pop up for a blink, but then you stand up
back to the Conning tower. I think its a practical little speedback bug, as let you adjust setting in the
conn., after a bit of "exit animation" leaving the attack scope.)

Upcoming:

Some coding needs:
Well, it would be nice to correct the bug(feature?) that doesnt let you connect more than two areas
via right click, otherwise after a blink in the middle station it transports you to the last.
I have a feeling, that a mouseclick is handled in an other way, than a button, so it counts more than
one "click", no matter what you do.

Solution(? not yet tested):
Well, I think linking the backstep command to a button, for example, ctrl, or x, instead of right click
maybe could work, but it will make a bit of an uncomfortable difference. What do YOU think?
Tell me please!

Or: If any of you have a wide knowledge about the mechanics of the key-flags (like when ,s, indicates,
that the key also need the Shift to be pressed) and have an idea about how to stop this behaviour,
I would be really thankful. For example the ,R, flag, or the ,n, ,m, flags..?

Summary:

So at this point, using the mod, you can stay in the conning tower, while using the Attack periscope,
using the TDC, open/close torpedoes, adjust torpedo configuration. (via the 3d wall of the tower)
Maybe I link the Attack Map (f6) there also, would be logical.
Using the officer orders menu bar you can pretty mutch control anything from the conning tower.
(like when the Kaleun yelled, or radioed down to the control room in real life)

With one exception:

The navigational map shouldnt point back there, it belongs to the control room, so If you view
that, you need to go back to the conn. tower via the Shift+f1.

This is a deep cut for manual targetters, such as myself, but making observations about the target in
close range (speed, range, course) should be drawn to the Attack map anyway, not the nav. map...
But currently only the nav map has the tools for it. So... The question remains open.

Until I can duplicate the Nav map XD and link one down to the control room, one up for the conn...
Or until I can unlock the nav map tools for the attack map...

So this is why its in beta status, Im open for suggestions before the first releases for the listed mods.

87% realism (100%-Cams to watch burning targets, and torpedoes run for fun..)
SH5 The Wolves of Steel Megamod- Realnav+Full manual targeting. -no contact updates, no map help.
U-50 forever - still a Smiling bastard

Last edited by Nobon; 10-04-14 at 05:58 AM.
Nobon is offline   Reply With Quote