View Single Post
Old 07-29-10, 12:43 AM   #1210
Travis Reed
Planesman

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

I've run into a peculiar problem while modifying engine RPM (both for surfaced and submerged propulsion). SH4 is not recognizing my changes (and yes, I've made certain the file I've modified is the one it should be using). Instead, it seems to have defaulted the RPM to some default setting, likely based on the stock RPMs for fleet boats...or something else entirely.

I've been tweaking the beta of Silverwolf's Interceptor to make it quieter. My first attempt proved successful. However, further tweaks have caused the issue I'm running into now. I've avoided setting either RPM value to absolute 0 in an attempt to avoid potential issues. Of course, upon encountering the problem mentioned above I tried many things to fix it, including setting both RPMs to 0. No dice. The problem remains. While it's not a huge issue for DDs and such to detect the Interceptor, since it can flat out outrun them, and shoot guided torps at them to boot, I would like to regain the ability to remain undetected.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to why SH4 might be refusing to acknowledge the values I set?

EDIT: Further experimentation has revealed that it's only ignoring the 'eng_rpm' value for the 'E_propulsion'. Setting the 'eng_rpm' on the regular 'Propulsion' seems to still work. Any idea if this is normal behavior?

Last edited by Travis Reed; 07-29-10 at 02:02 AM.
Travis Reed is offline   Reply With Quote