View Single Post
Old 01-05-12, 03:20 PM   #2
Hawk66
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Actually the 'tracking' functionality is only implemented for submarines in DW standard. But this is moddable since the actual logic is implemented in doctrine files.

Can your surface unit detects the 'target' with own sensors? I mean is it in range so that the unit's sensors (does not matter what kind of sensor: ESM/Radar/Visual/Sonar) can 'see' the target? (I do not know for sure but if you propagate the target via Link11 and you do not classify it, the 'strategic AI' in DW might want to investage it - that is it get's in range so that it can use its sensors).

Anyway if the surface ship can see the unit and the unit is not of the same side (but that should not be really the problem) - then you can let it track it by providing a mission specific doctrine. I have done a similar thing and can compile my example but you should at least be a little bit familiar with the very basics of a programming language to understand the code. You cannot accomplish this directly in the DW mission editor to my knowledge.
Hawk66 is offline   Reply With Quote