peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post

About the torpedoes:

-Had lots of duds with the type 89
-please change the description to a single speed e.g. 51 and not 49-51, it makes me nervous :-P
-And yes, you are right, the torpedoes seem to be weak! I hit a large tanker with 4 type 89s, all detonated in a spread over the whole length of the ship and it did take a looooong time to sink amd it only burned lightly. The next tanker i fired 4 type 89s again and had 2 duds and 2 missed.
-one more thing about the torps: Maybe it would be better to include only the realistic types (basically the type 95, Kaitens etcetc) and leave the fictional homing torpedos and the electric ones out. I just played the WDAD campaign and it has only 2 torpedoes to select and I did never wanted any other torpedo to use. I mean in this case less is more :-)

Anyway: Awesome mod!
Keltos will have to address the torpedo questions. He says they are are legitimate IJN torpedoes and not fictional ones. The homing torpedoes are used for the Kaitens which were steered by men toward the target. Since we had no way to man them and actually make them 'steer' we used the homing to simulate steering. As far as I know the Kaitens are the only ones that are homing torpedoes.

I have never had a dud using IJN torpedoes, so I don't know if there have been changes since Keltoes send the file to me.

As for the tanker taking a lot of hits and sinking slowly, I actually discussed that with Keltos a long time ago. It is from the sinking mechanics that were added not from weak torpedoes. Although the torpedoes are a bit weaker then they used to be, but he can give you more details.

Peabody

PS: My C3 does have a texture, it is a silver color but that was what Miner put on it, unless that has been changed.
Any 3D work you can address to Keltos, he's the subbuilder, I just help when I can. Mostly guns and crew and some files here and there. Not with textures or 3D stuff.

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Last edited by peabody; 10-16-11 at 04:27 PM.
peabody is offline   Reply With Quote