View Single Post
Old 05-26-07, 09:01 PM   #20
CaptainHaplo
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0

Panaka - Welcome

What boat do you want to turn into a nuc? Any of them can have that done. I can mod the files to create the top end you would find on an Alpha class (roughly 43 knots) but to turn it into a true Nuke boat you would have to be willing to turn off limited batteries and oxygen. A 688I supposedly tops out at 36 knots. Just give me the specs as far as speed and depth and I will see what I can do.

As for a Adcap - to use something like that you would need to have sensors that reach far beyond the current visual range of SH4. There are 2 other reasons an Adcap wont happen - one there is no way to make it guidable as it is in RL (via wire) - and the engine for acoustics isnt hefty enough for us to tweak it so that you could hit what your aiming at. If you fired a salvo - they would likely all home in on the same target - and that would be whichever one was closest.

To Gakun - I have a test Tambor that has 6000 hp - stock is less than 600. In addition - its armor level is set to -1, which to my understanding is a true "armor" state - basically maxed out. However, the key is that this ONLY mod's hull strength - not the internals - so you could easily end up with a hull in decent shape but a sub full of scrap metal. However it does make things alot more fun. Let me know what class you want modded and what factor you want to increase the HP by.

Unfortunately - i do not know how to make files available to the community. If someone wants to enlighten me - I will do what I can. Otherwise - I can post the instructions and numbers I have used so that others can duplicate it. Let me know.

Captain Haplo
CaptainHaplo is offline   Reply With Quote