View Single Post
Old 01-19-18, 02:12 PM   #1573
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I've never been much of a one wanting the latest and greatest technology, (if it works, leave it be), I leave that 'risk' to the kids and witnessing the number of phone replacements the boy has experienced I doubt I could cope with the hassle at my age.
Precisely! I've been with Verizon since the mid eighties (before it was even called Verizon)
< Actually my second phone, after my first 1983 handset gel-batt 'bag phone' which I've still got; this old reliable work-flipphone takes most of the photos in my gallery; and, if sent to my wife or daughter's smart phones, can be updated to my computer-thence to photo-bucket. On remote movie-set locations, where I'm security, mtn-areas or out on the boat, my phone still operates when the modern stuff doesn't!!! and the speaker phones (set in the hinge) are superb!!! I don't need the hearing aids. Recently I just got 2 new batteries "made in China' instead of the original "made in Korea" (Probably from N. Korea and relabeled to circumvent Trump's trade embargoes!!) The 'kids' staffing the Verizon store, aghast at my Neanderthal technology, are always trying to get me to upgrade but this 'ain't broke' and I don't waste time learning new technology at 66.... which saves on Aricept!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote