View Single Post
Old 10-30-08, 10:29 AM   #1202
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutted
tried it a few more times and decided i wont use it due to the zoom limits imposed on the scopes (both near and far). too much of an annoyance to be always zoomed in.. and even then it's not quite close enough IMO. too hard to judge which tick marks to use accurately. i would prefer to use the stock GWX scope ranges and utilize the ticks the stadimeter spits out on the notepad in conjunction with a seperate hand built 'physical wheel that doesn't cramp my views.
You can use the OLC GUI 1.2.7 stand alone instead of GUI Special to keep the zoom levels. You'll lose the "3d waves which make your periscopes worthless except in perfectly calm seas or when surfaced seen through the scopes" though. You just have to deal with the double mast things and slightly different tools. This will also restore the zoomed in map view as well.

As you found out though, you can delete the Submarine folders under GUI Special, then change the SymbolZoom= settings in maps.cfg to change the "no map contacts zoomed in" feature of GUI Special. Search this thread for exactly how to do that.

Quote:
i would really love to have those flyout GWX maps and charts in my navmap. but before i go cursing myself through cfg & data files and getting frustrated. could you happen to point me in the right direction?
All the same charts are there in OLC GUI. Move the mouse to the left for the convoy map, to the top for the minefield/subnet maps and to the right for the time/speed conversion charts. Especially with the Convoy one I preferred the drag down map since it was easier to reference and wasn't cut off, but most of the data is available.

Quote:
also that chronomoter is really nice.
Yeah, I prefer the old style myself but it'll work. I do miss the mirrored chrono on every screen, but again that's replaceable.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote