View Single Post
Old 10-16-13, 03:09 AM   #14
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
I DID IT!

great news! i finally managed to make thedarkwraith`s torpedo spawner fire DIRECTLY and RELIABLY at the target! found it out while adding the torpedo spawn effect to a k-gun as firing effect.when the enemy lunched its depthcharge run at me , the AI-Torpedo was launched heading directly towards my sub all the time,however it would go very slowly,floating on the water surface so its propeller was useless(any idea to solve this,polyfiller?).BUT i then had the idea not to make a torpedogun that used ashell as origin for the torpedolauncheffect, but simply adding a dummy shell with 0damage to an existing gun and make the torpedospawnfx the firing effect instead of the muzzle flash. voila, i was sunk all the times, and i ran 15 knots surfaced. guessing that an AI Elco would run much faster itself, it would blow eg. the Yamato to hell without launching dud torpedos all day and mybe one would hit. sozund out it does not work for himng torpedoes.they will be launched and run towards me,but behave like unguided, meaning they go on a straight course but you can see the torpedo itself turning towards your propellor. if i can unlock the alignment of trhe launched torpedo from the initial vector of the particle generator, guided torpedoes will work as well!!!!

Last edited by jhapprich; 10-16-13 at 03:45 AM.