View Single Post
Old 10-14-13, 02:39 AM   #10
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
hmm. however i dont think we can add a real AI submarine. possible is a submerged target we can detect( bearing,heading,range), but not its depth, so especially in my case, no submerged dogfights. a proper weapon for that ai sub against other subs is an even bigger problem. besides, i tried an AI EchoII with missile-launching guns(Cruise-missile model attached to the shell, a missile trail, the surface-only launchers of the sub are the guns annd have to be elevated to a certain angle before they can fire, the shell speed is slow so you can see the missile on course, the range is limited, the reloading cycle is long etc.) which killed my ai nimitz quite well on a hit`n`run attack. for a wwII boat, you could use a torpedo as shell model running BELOW the shell node and make it very fast to get a straigt "flight", attach the (invisible?) gun very close to the water level and have the sub "shoot" surface targets.however, it would be most likely instant killing with a laserlike weapon, but poor japs subby wouldnt be kanonenfutter any longer.hmm better idea while writing: check out the firing angle of the gun using a slow spped and find out the usable range, then add an animation controller to the torpedo model that keeps it below the surface on a straight level while the shell flies its courve.this way the torpe can go a little more realistically...hell im good in the morning

Last edited by jhapprich; 10-14-13 at 02:57 AM.