View Single Post
Old 02-01-15, 03:27 PM   #10
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

Hi Guys

It has been a while since I last reported on the tonnage bar issue so I thought it would be a good opportunity to bring you up to date with my findings.

I am pretty sure that saved games is the key.

Synchronising the saved games I believe is partly or totally responsible for the failures.

I have found that it does not matter whether you play on line or off line.

What is important is that your games are always taken from your local saves and this means that they do not get synchronised.

Game saves can come in 3 parts.

Autosave Enter Base (AEB) this is the one where you meet the Flotilla Leader.

Autosave In Game (AIG) these are automatic game saves that occur every 25 minutes.

AIG saves where you make a manual save in between the automatic AIG saves.

The automatic AIG save disregards the time you made your manual save.

Manual saves are never overwritten by the automatic AIG save.

The last save when you exit the game is stored in your SaveGame folder.

You can find this by going to your:

My Documents folder

SH5 folder

Data folder

Cfg folder

SaveGames folder

In this folder is stored all the information only for the main Mission i.e. British Coastal Waters and only also all patrols that are associated with it.

Your game save information is copied to the particular patrol that you are doing i.e South Western Approaches (SWA).

So having finished North Western Approaches and the tonnage bar fills correctly I then go on 3 independent patrols while I wait for SWA patrol to appear on January 1st 1940.

I make sure that I end the patrol each time and do not select refit as I believe it is better to keep the information being updated to a minimum.

I am in SWA and I sink a Uekel SPT 1,765 tons 1940-01-15 08.46 hours and check the tonnage bar and nothing.

I sink the same ship another 4 times with all different variations that I can think of to no avail and give up and resign myself to not having the tonnage bar working which as we now know is not essential anyway.

I then pick up a large convoy and sink a Liberty Cargo 7,174 tons 1940-01-16 09.31 hours and a SV Medium Freighter 7,840 tons 1940-01-16 also 09.31 hours.

To my surprise both register on the tonnage bar.

All 3 sinkings show correctly recorded in the Captain’s Log.

When I go to the SaveGame folder only 2 of the ships sunk are showing for 15,010 tons.

Now when I check through the data for SWA I now find that there are only 6 target types of ships recorded.

On some other sets of data shows the port the ships left and the port where they are going to.

So I am seeing now for the first time why although inside the patrol area some ships are recorded on the tonnage bar and others do not count.

Unfortunately I do not understand the 3 digit type numbers of the ships that are correct.

Also as far as the data in the SaveGames folder I may know where the ship has come from but I am not going to know its destination.

So you can see why I believe the saved games have an impact on the tonnage bar.

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote