View Single Post
Old 11-23-07, 02:52 PM   #16
Chock
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Back from the grim windswept wilds of London and the joys of staying in a Travel Lodge hotel watching England get hammered by Croatia and consequently knocked out of the footie competition, so I can get back to working on the model again.

No recommendation for Cross Country Trains by the way, the train back from London to Manchester was absolutely freezing cold (one of those crash-o-matic Pendolino jobs), I even hauled my suitcase down from the rack, opened it up and put a fleece top on, it was that bad, and the food in the buffet car was crap too, as was the tea, which tasted of plastic. This train was 20 minutes late too, pretty poor service for a ticket that cost 70 quid. Avoid this train company at all costs.

My replacement etched brass 1:350 submarine screws from Flagship Models arrived today, they are very nice indeed. Not bad sevice either, they made it from Edmund, OK, USA, to the even more grim and windswept wilds of Stockport in dear old Blighty in less than a week, so, in sharp contrast to Cross Country Trains, I definitely recommend Flagship Models for speedy, quality service.

More pics shortly.

Chock