View Single Post
Old 08-24-15, 06:43 AM   #68
HoneyFox
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Hi, this game is just awesome! I have to say, for me, it might be the best one that I've ever played on a phone.

Several suggestions I would like to raise:
1. I would hope that in campaign mode, player can spend some (or lots of, that depends on how hard you want the game to be) renown to "purchase" extra ship slots (i.e. maximum ships in your fleet, currently only 10 in campaign mode) and commanding capability (i.e. maximum ships that you can send to a battle, currently only 3 in campaign mode). I know that this will make the later missions too easy... well, we can always add more ships to the enemy side as well.
In a word, I like it to be with a bigger scale, more ships, more firepower, more explosion, and more flexibility and possible tactics as well...

2. Turn-based torpedo seems to be sometimes troublesome when: in the first turn, my torpedo advances and reaches almost the bow of the enemy ship from its side. if it's not turn-based, it should have been able to hit the target just a moment later, but in turn-based game, the enemy ship can go forward for a distance much longer than its length, which means the torpedo won't be able to hit the target. Will it be possible to make the enemy ship move at the same time when there's any nearby (threshold distance can be set based on how long that torpedo can run in one turn) hostile torpedo?
In a word, a semi-realtime mode for torpedo impact checking.

3. I would hope that the carriers can be "buff"ed a bit by allowing more intensive aerial engagement. (we already have the Ready/Launch/Engage/Recover steps which makes the carriers far less OP as they were in PF) Currently if you launch 4 aircrafts, in the following 4 turns, only one a/c can engage a target in each turn. If two (4 will make it OP again) aircrafts can engage targets sequentially in one turn, some more interesting tactics can be deployed (especially for the torpedo bombers as some interesting torpedo patterns can be used making enemy harder to evade).

4. Star Shell. I would hope that it can be combined into normal AP/HE mode, so that we don't need a specific turn just to fire one star shell. Like, normally we launch 9 rounds AP/HE for Nelson class BB, now if I switch to AP+SS or HE+SS mode, it will launch 1 Star Shell and 6 rounds of AP/HE (I don't know if it's possible for one turret to launch two different types of ammo from different gun barrels, if it's possible, it should be 1SS+8AP/HE). Currently I will usually leave that job to a DD or any ship that has the least firepower, simply because it would waste a lot of firepower if I use those BB/BC/etc.

Hmm... that's all I can think about right now. Hope that even one of these suggestions can be taken.

Last edited by HoneyFox; 08-24-15 at 06:57 AM.
HoneyFox is offline   Reply With Quote