View Single Post
Old 07-24-14, 12:24 AM   #1
hocking
Sparky

Downloads: 156
Uploads: 0
Default Correct Install order from scratch for NYGM

Been away for awhile but decided to return to SH3 and try NYGM for the first time (always used GWX 3.0 Gold before). I have spent hours reading up on all the new mods and utilities that have come out in recent years. Here is my simple question: What order should I install things to get a base NYGM installation?

I already created a folder for NYGM using MultiSH3 and this folder currently holds a completely unmolested installation of SH3 1.4b with JGSME installed in this folder ready for use. I know at some point I have to install the 4GB patch, Hsie V16B1 hardcode fixes, Stiebler4B_V16B1_Revised hardcode patch, SH3 Commander (w/ NYGM fixes), and NYGM using JSGME. I assume after I have all that installed I will be free to add other mods compatible with NYGM that I want to try with the first addition being something that will give me widescreen capability.

My hunch is that I should install the two hardcode fixes first, then the 4GB patch, then SH3 Commander, and finally the NYGM files through JGSME. I would then apply the NYGM SH3 Commander fixes, and start adding other mods of my choice starting with a widescreen capability mod. Just want to make sure I am on the right path. This is very daunting with so much being available.

Any suggestions to help with this process would be greatly appreciated.
hocking is offline   Reply With Quote